Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hopes for the new year...

I am 25 days late in keeping my 2010 resolution to blog every day. And that's because for 25 days I sat down, logged in, saw that I had 8 months of blogging to catch up on, felt the air around me thinning and finding it progressively more difficult to breathe, i fled. I mean, where can I start? How about with today. Let's just start with today. After all, this blog is for my two girls (2 girls!!! Who would have thought it was possible. Or right. I don't deserve them. But that's for another blog post) and I need to capture as much of their childhood as possible in pictures and words and impressions before another day lapses...

So today it occurred to me that I just might have lucked out in marrying J (ha, j/k J - I've felt lucky every day! Or I should have anyway). He is, without exaggeration, an AMAZING dad to our two girls. He dances, sings, kisses, hugs, dramatizes, reads, engages in all kinds of silliness - there is simply no limit to what he will do K and S. He even lasts longer than I ever could at the Disney store and knows every princess tale by heart for K's benefit. When S recently developed a mild rash due to her ingestion of peanuts, he drove all of us to the local ER and we circled around for 2 hours in case she went into anaphylactic shock (at 9pm, Sunday, approximately 20 degrees outside). He will hold S when she wakes up crying from her naps, sometimes for over an hour, so that she'll go back to sleep. He will stay with K in her sunday school class for 2 hours and not care that he's always the only parent there.


Costo shopping with daddy (sorry, totally random pic but so cute how he used a burp cloth to protect S from scary Costco shopping cart germs)

No comments: