Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My first bag and japanese loveliness

For a friend's neice


And then for K. Although there was no complicated sewing involved, it took a good chunk of time for me because of all the measuring and cutting from following a pattern. Ugh, I destest measuring and cutting! Which is why I'll probably never be a great sewer (or baker). I have an aversion toward nit picky details (a lawyer's bread and butter, no less!) and following instructions to the letter. Which is why I have a stack of patterns for children's clothing on my desk that I look at with much longing but zero motivation to attempt. Do these pictures not make you melt into a pool of cuteness overload...









The japanese children's clothing books come complete with patterns but alas, no english instructions!! So will be playing it by ear. All purchased via http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656.





1 comment:

abigail's mom said...

i briefly showed frank your site, and he just responded, 'so i guess she's pretty crafty'...

of course then i had to brag how your party pics made it onto a hip ny design website..

but i have to say just looking at the patterns for the clothing makes me tired to think of how much work that will be for you woman...